Tuesday 14 July 2009

How it started

I started running the day before I was 50 and started writing race reports with humour making up for what I lacked in speed and competion. It's very hard to be competitive when you can't see any other runners but I can usually see the funny side.

Ten years on, I have decided to have a fund-raising year for Marie Curie Cancer Care for my 60th, rather than receiving presents. I chose this charity because a friend of mine, a 27-year-old runner, was diagnosed in November 2008 with malignant melanoma, which has not responded to treatment.

I recently ran the Launceston Half Marathon and my race report was enjoyed by a lot of people, who suggested I should start a blog. I will be posting my race reports and random thoughts (I get a lot of time for thinking when I do a marathon) which seem to become more random as time goes on.

I hope you'll enjoy reading. If so, please also have a look at www.justgiving.com/jansbigbirthday celebration.

Happy running!
Jan (aka Midge)

No comments:

Post a Comment