Tuesday 21 July 2009

It never rains

14th July
Runs done since savaged by the Beast of Cornwall: 2, calories consumed: millions (am in post-race recovery so I need to replenish my stores of glycogen), calories burned: thousands.
Weather decidely mixed. Stressed, so thought a run in the rain might clear my head. Rain torrential. Found suitable kit and set off. Rain stopped. Came home.

15th July
Ditto.

19th July
Have given up rying to get rained on. Three miles in glorious sunshine then stopped to decide which of three routes to take. Saw runner coming towards me and as he paseed told him I was wondering which way to take and that each way had a hill. He replied "Do it. It's never easy." and disappeared along a rough grassy path doing about 6 minute mile pace and wearing a Great Britain gilet. Well, if it's good enough for him..... Did an extra hill on the way back home.
As I got to the end of the run it started to rain, then pour. Another mile added, just running along the road for the sake of getting wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment